Thanks for help with Control arm Bushings

Thanks to Clive and Bob Smitter for advice on installing control arm bushings on my 87 325i. I did the job today.

I used a little saw to saw the rubber arms of the bushing so that the outer part would come off with the mounting bracket. Then I used a Sawsall to saw the inner metal sleeve off the control arm . I used the same Sawsall to saw the rest of the bushing out of the mounting bracket. I used a large vise to press the new bushing into the mounting bracket, then I used a large metal plate and a 5 pound hammer to centralize the bushing within the bracket. I did use antifreeze to lubricate it to push it on, with the control arms on the car. I used a large socket to make sure that the bushing assembly was seated against the shoulder.

So I saved myself a min of $100 and probably more.

Reply to
J & J