'04 Sedona cooling fans

Are the radiator cooling fans on anyone else's Sedona really loud? They cycle on and off every 10 seconds or so and sound like a 747 under the hood. I just had the alternator replaced at the Kia dealer with a 'remanufactured' one!? They had to put a different sized pulley on it and a different length belt. To get at the alternator, they must have had to remove the fans, radiators, etc forward of the motor. I guess it's one MORE trip to the dealer to see what they can screw up next. It all started with their '30,000 mile service' where they replace all the fluids and plugs. Then a few days later the alternator and right head light died.' Then they tell me the headlight is a 'wear' part and I have to pay for it..... What the heck is a wear part and what isn't?

Reply to
Tom

Well, it cost my wife another 100 miles round trip to the Kia dealer again today so that they could plug in a plug that they forgot during the alternator installation......

Reply to
Tom

Usually, bulbs are considered a 'wear' item. Although I did have a radiator hose replaced under warranty once, so are belts and hoses, including the expensive timing belt.

With both my '02 and '04 Sedonas, the headlamp bulbs lasted me less than two years. Just replaced the second one on my '04. Not a big job except for having to remove the battery on the driver's side.

Have not had to replace any other bulbs yet, but do wonder how long the rest will last.

Green Valley Giant

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Hi Rev. Tom,

That's what's so confusing about Kia's 'bumper to bumper' warrantee! My headlights don't stick out beyond the bumper. :o) Just where is the line drawn? Bearings are the ultimate 'wear' part so why do they cover engine bearings? or alternator bearings or starter bearings? The logic just doesn't work. 'Bumper to bumper' should mean anything except those items that can be abused by the owner like brake linings. It used to cover 'everything'. That's what bumper to bumper means.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:16:31 -0400, Tom took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Man it would suck to live 50 miles away from the dealer. I've got three Kia dealers within about 25 miles. (The nearest is four miles away.)

Reply to
PerfectReign

Preach on brother tom!!!!

Speaking of bulbs I've had to replace about 3 head light bulbs in my Sorento.... Those little bastards aren't cheap, especially when they recommend you replace both at the same time

Reply to
MDH