2007 KIA Sedona 3.8 liter Coolant recommendation

Hello,

I just purchased a new 2007 Kia Sedona Minivan and have a question concerning coolant selection. The manual is very generic in that it states to use an Ethylene glycol base coolant for Aluminum engines.

I am trying to get an answer as to whether it is long life or not as the service manual states that it does not need to be changed until

60,000 miles or 60 months (5 years) and then replace at 30,000 miles or 24 months after that.

Some of the local KIA dealers said just to use the normal green stuff but I want to be sure that I am topping off with the correct fluid. I have heard that KIA and asian car manufacturers use a phosphated HOAT coolant but I have yet to get an answer from KIA on what the specific antifreeze was that was put into my vehicle at the factory.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this info and/or what brand I should use for this vehicle for topping off the overflow tank?

Thanks

Reply to
ckmeusel

Ethylene glycol base for aluminium radiators.

Reply to
jfrancis311

The instructions sound specific enough to me. What more information do you need about the coolant. 60 months sounds like a fairly long life.

The foolproof method of selecting the proper coolant is to ask for

2007 Kia coolant at the Kia dealership parts counter. The next most foolproof method is to go down to your local auto parts store and buy a jug of coolant marked Ethylene Glycol for aluminum engines. Is the engine losing coolant already?
Reply to
John S.