06 Sedona Gas mileage

So far with my 06 Sedona I am getting about 14-15 MPG with about 50% highway driving. I was hoping to get better than my 2002 Sedona which got

17 MPG with about the same mix of driving. Anyone have any experience with the 06 Sedona and break in period? I am hoping the mileage will go up with some more mileage on the van. I'm around 600 miles on it now.
Reply to
Fatantknee

I can not speak for the Sedona but my Sportage sure did see much improved mileage after about 1500 miles.

-Cheers

Reply to
mark

Almost from day one we were getting 18-20MPG. On a trip with the new Sedona to North Carolina from NY we did 22 to 23 MPG or so. Around town it's more like 17-18. A lot has to do with how you drive it. Reset the computer for MPG and try again.

RB

35s5 NY
Reply to
Capt. RB

I join in those who think your mileage will improve, especially after, say

1500 miles.

In the car industry, the way they are setting up the engines, most don't nearly need the break-in that they used to.

But Kia engines seem to be an exception. I found myself (with both my '02 and '04 Sedona) going back to some old break-in procedures I employed on cars from back in the '70's.

It looks like this is going to be a good engine, and from the people I am talking to, once your new Sedona is broken in, you can expect slightly better mileage from it than from any of the previous generation ('02-'05).

Enjoy!

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Reply to
06 KIA Sedona EX

I haven't had the fuel pump noise yet, knock on wood.

"06 KIA Sedona EX" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Fatantknee

I sure hope it improves as I am getting worse on my 06 than I did on my

2002. The 2006 rides nicer, but am getting a vibration off and on at around 75 MPH on the turnpike. Not sure if that would be a balancing problem if it is off and on. May just be the road, but I dont recall the 02 having that much vibration in the steering wheel on the same highway.

"Rev. Tom Wenndt" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

Reply to
Fatantknee

Well, my Rio5 has been getting far less than I expected since I bought it, and it now has about 4000 miles on it. I was getting better with my much bigger, heavier and older Saturn.

Reply to
Kia-Ed