06 Forester gas mileage?

What kind of gas mileage have people been getting on the newer Foresters? I only have 500 miles on mine so far (5 sp., premium package) but I'm only getting 18-19 mpg. It's been pretty much all city driving (mostly rush hour too) with some highway thrown in. I do hope this will improve once the car is broken in.

-yngver

Reply to
yngver

frank

23-25 miles around town - reliably 4 sp auto
Reply to
R Sweeney

I got around 24mpg. About half hwy and city. 2003,5spd Premium. already got 130k. Use synthetic oil.

Reply to
WNG
2005 Forester XS 5 speed manual

23-29 mpg mostly highway 65-70 mph. Has always been in this range since new, now with 21,000+ miles.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

yes... me too Mobil 1 synthetic since about day 30, I figured that 1000 miles or so was good to get the edges rounded off before putting in the good oil

Reply to
R Sweeney

Reply to
Tony Burns (permanent dismisse

If you're spending a lot of time stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, I wouldn't expect ideal mileage. Still, the mileage should improve as the car breaks in. Try to mix up the driving patterns during the break in period.

Reply to
Sheldon