2005 Rio clunking noise

Hi

Okay this is a puzzle to me. If I drive up to about 15mph and SLAM on the brake without letting the car skid so the car does a nose dive when the car's front end comes up there is a load clunking noise. It also does the same over bumps. the car dealer thinks I need a brake job. The brakes do need work but I don't believe thats causing my problem. (The dealers don't make much on warranty repairs so they make it up by charging for unneeded repairs). I think the problem is the bar mounted to the front of the car frame near where the sway bar is mounted on one end and to the control arm/hub at the other end . The problem I am having is I can't seem to find any reference to the part in any auto supply web sites including Rock Auto There are two of them one on each side It looks like a sway bar or mounting arm its solidly mounted to the hub carrier/control arm assembly and mounted on the other end to the front of the car via a large rubber bushing and bolt. Can someone tell what that part is and where can I get them I'd like to replace them with something a little stiffer. I believe that is the problem if I rap on it with a rubber mallet it makes a slight clunking sound. When the car is lifted on a jack the arm looks like its twisting alot in its bushing quite a bit and it does not take much to move it arm with a prying tool near the bushing.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
zagman

Fixed .. Tightened lower control arm mtg bolt and sway bar mtg bolts Thing drives like new now

The guy at the dealership said everything was tight underneath the car what a bunch of ..............

Dave

Reply to
zagman

Fixed .. Tightened lower control arm mtg bolt and sway bar mtg bolts Thing drives like new now

The guy at the dealership said everything was tight underneath the car what a bunch of .............. Dave Thanks for the update my 03 does it now and again - I will get mine checked.

Reply to
Phil