Another Secret Code?

I have learned than my 98 KIASportage has secret codes. For example, when my brake fluid is low, my emergency break light goes on. Well, not the light behind the "D" on my transmission light indicator is out. Is this a dead LED thing or a low transmission fluid thing? (I know, I should just check the fluid. But in case I miss something . . . .). Thanks.

Reply to
Scribner

Sounds more like a dead lightbulb issue to me. Kia did not use LED's in instrument clusters in 1998 AFAIK.

Pull the cluster, change the bulb.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Thanks. But the light just came back on. It must be a really small bulb.

Reply to
Scribner