OBD1 Code problems 94 Caprice

Bought an ex police car from the state this week. Having trouble pulling the malfunction codes from the PCM (computer). I jump terminals "A" & "B" with a paper clip, then turn on key but do not start the engine. The "Check Engine" light goes out and the "Check Gages" light comes on. Problem is I get no fault codes (Flashing Check Engine Light) at all, only thing that happens is the cooling fans come on (engine is cold).

My main reason for retrieving the fault codes is the transmission will not shift into 4th and has trouble shifting 2nd to 3rd ( I have to feather the gas). Car has 84k miles and transmission was replaced 10k ago according to the service records that came with the car and the transmission is very clean. I did replace the trans filter hoping it was just plugged, but no change in operation.

1994 Caprice Classic Body in GREAT CONDITION! LT1 5.7 engine (Runs near perfect!) 4L60E transmission 3.08 Positraction rear paid only $1001.01 for it !

Thanks for your help, Dan

Reply to
toolman84

(snipped)

Jumping the A & B terminals doesn't work on any 94 B-bodys.

Reply to
Jimmy Conway