avg replacement cost on 2003 rio clutch?

Having an awful time accelerating (esp. driving in the hills)- initially thought I was imagining things but within the past couple weeks have noticed a significant drop in performance. Here?s the thing- I had a 2001 Rio that I had to replace the clutch on as well (after about 1 1/2 years). I?d say it was my driving but I learned on a Toyota that was 8 years old, drove that for 3 years and when it died it was because my husband totaled it. Any ideas on what ballpark cost should be if it needs to be replaced?

Otherwise I love the Rio because for me it has been cheap, reliable (mostly) transportation.

Thank you

Reply to
kiafan