bad spectra

is it just me or is anyone else havung problems with KIa i bought a new spectra in 2004, had it in the shop 5 times for check engine light, and finally on the 6th time they put a new wiring harness and that took care of the engine light, they keeo telling my wife she was not doing the gas cap tight enough. but it still had a shake in the front end they still could not find so i traded for a 2005 spectra, which is still in the kia shop, it has been in 9 times for the check engine light, they have replaced the oxygen sensor , 3 time, some kind of converter 1 time then the ecm or computer box, 3 weeks to get from Korea, finally about 3 weeks ago they put the new computer in. it ran 5 days before the light came on again. with oxygen sensor codes. well the next monday the factor said they had put in the wrong injectors and manifold at the factory. so they sent in their best factory mechanic, he checked it and said it had the right parts in it. they turned it over to the factory rep. i told the dealer i wanted them to buy it back or give me another car of equal value.they passed it on to the rep last week, they dealer told they rep and the rep was supposed to call me as of last tue. still no call from him. anyone have any suggestions or phone numbers i can call.

Reply to
tom spatzer

Tom:

Sorry to hear about your problems with your KIA(s).

I have a 2004.5 Spectra EX that's got 18k miles on it, and is about a year and a half old.

So far I have had no real problems with it, other than having my 3rd brake LED light replaced when 2 of the diodes burned out. KIA replaced it quickly with no hassles. My car is the most trouble free and enjoyable-to-drive new car I've ever purchased.

Was your 2004 Spectra the old version? Or was your 2004 and 2005 both the redesigned models?

Yours is the first post I've found online of anyone having a fuel system / computer related problem. Most problems I've read about online have been minor, and related to transmission reprogramming.

I suspect that you'll have to explore the Lemon Law(s) of your state if you start getting the run-around.

You can also try your luck at getting some satisfaction by contacting KIA's Korean headquarters at this link:

Here's what they say on their website to solicit your questions/complaints:

"In order to provide optimum service, we are eager to listen to your concerns. When Kia distributors or the dealership near you are not able to solve your vehicle's problem for any reason, please contact us directly using the email show below. Your comments are very important to us."

Here are a couple of other URLs to posting areas you can visit to read and/or to post your experiences at:

snipped-for-privacy@.efc Good luck, and be sure to post any responses you get back on to this board!

-SpectraMan

See my car at:

googlegrps