Hmmm....

I just had my first ever (lucky, I guess) "what the?" moment with KIA. My

02 Optima with 150,000 miles on it started having problems when I tried to fill the tank. Turns out the charcoal in the canister degraded & is causing back-pressure, thereby plugging the vent. Called KIA to buy a new one. Nope, your car is too old;. Probably can't get one but we will check tomorrow.

Too old for an emissions part? So, if that is true, I am supposed to through the car away because I can not make it legal without a charcoal canister? I'm really hoping the parts fellow isn't fully informed & all will be well by tomorrow. Normally I have no problem at all getting proprietary parts from KIA. Over-priced to be sure, but available.

Rich

Reply to
<z

wrote in news:JqSdncP2irdoCgTNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Try

they should have it. Regards, Bob

Reply to
Bob Babskie

Appreciate the lead, Bob. I will keep it for future use. Late yesterday afternoon, my local KIA dealer did, indeed, come up with the part.

Reply to
<z