Amanti, my first Kia

Hello. With some trepidation I bought my first Kia last week, a cobalt blue Amanti. A lot of my decision was based on CR reccomendation of the XG350.

The Amanti is a wonderful car. And I've owned a lot of cars, Saabs, Jeeps, etc. I would love to switch to synthetic oil sometime after it breaks in. Any thoughts ?

-dave

Reply to
DucksBreath

Dave,

I am using Mobil One (the formula for new engines) in my Amanti and have not problems. It will not void your warranty.

Did you get one with the sun roof and stabilization package??

Reply to
Jim Goddard

Jim Goddard scratched out in the sand

How's the power? I've been contemplating a move from my '98 Maxima to an Amanti, but haven't heard yet. I did a test drive and it was very nice. I'm just worried that the power isn't there.

Reply to
filesiteguy

Thanks for the info on Mobil One for new engines, I've not heard of that variant. Yes I got the ESP and sunroof package !

Reply to
DucksBreath

I find the power to be adequate in all respects. I always feel safe going up ramps and passing, though I do use the "sport mode" tiptronic type transmission some of the time. The engine does not sound eager when pushed, imo. but this is not the kind of car designed for high performance driving. The Maxima, I'm sure, has better dynamic characteristics. However, the Amanti has all the class (imo). Amazing I'd be saying this about a Korean car !

Reply to
DucksBreath