kia picanto teething probs

Hi. I bought a brand new picanto lx last month. I have a few issues arising.

One is a slight rattle to the passenger heat vent (its ok if closed).

Also after the car has been parked for a while, The first press of the brake pedal (even slightly) makes a rather loud deep droneing noise for a couple of seconds. After that initial noise, its fine. I got brakes checked out at KIA garage and the brakes were looked at and all is physically fine. The noise isn't always happening so what do I do---- What could it be-----------. Being the first brand new car I have ever had (and can barely afford) I am a little disheartened at the little blips this car is having (there are others).

Any ideas on rattly heat vents and strange brake noises. Thanks

Reply to
sleepingshells31

Your dealer should be able to stop the rattle in heater and A/C vents. As for the sound when applying brakes it may be in the vacuum booster unit. the seals are dry and dragging I would ask for a replacment if it did not stop soon.

Reply to
Shines

Excuse my complete ignorance when it comes to cars, but wouldn't a vacuum booster thingy have been checked as part of the brake check at the kia garage. They took about 45 mins taking things apart so wouldn't that have been part of the check. shelley

Reply to
sleepingshells31

=== Well if you don't know about Kia service Depts. I will tell you that they many time don't know what is the problem and don't care about finding it out. If it's something they can't make some money they have a habit of just getting you out and down the road.

Reply to
Shines

No, I am new to this warranty stuff. I have never had a new enough car. So buying one that has intermittent noises which the garage wont hear and the inability to leave the car at a garage for any length of time is frustrating. It hasn't made any noise today so I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. It can go a couple of days without making a noise and then start again. It is only ever on the first touch of brakes going forward (never if I initially reverse and brake) and then fine for rest of journey. Does it still sound like this vacuum booster unit. At least I can go into KIA and talk like I know what I am on about - instead of fobbing off the dumb blond - I might get somewhere. Shelley

Reply to
sleepingshells31

=== It just might be air rushing in or out of the vacuum boster I would just keep watching how the car is working. Don't let some Kia service Dept. jerk brush you off. Keep in mind you can always contact Kia direct and get help.

Reply to
Shines

Thanks for your advice. Out of interest one of the other niggles I have is that when the engine is running but stationary, ie, at traffic lights, there is a slight bumbling feeling under me. It feels like something is struggling a tiny bit. My father drove it and said he felt like the tickover was abit high, but the KIA garage said the idle speed was normal.

Could this be related to the vacuum booster unit.

Thanks again and apologises for being a pain. Shelley

Reply to
sleepingshells31

=== Not really sure I understand what you are feeling it may just be you are not used to how the new Kia feels. Unless your pressing the brake and get this feeling I don't think it is connected. I would take the new Kia out for a nice long drive and see if a little driving will get you used to this Auto. I think it's just on your mind a lot and when things are on a persons mind they may not get the right feed back. But if you still feel that something is not right I would contact Kia direct and explain your feeling about this matter.

Reply to
Shines

You are so right. I am getting completely paranoid about this car. LOL. Probably just the car being different. Thanks so much for your advice - if the brake noise doesn't go soon, at least I will have a starting point with the garage.

Thanks again. Shelley

Reply to
sleepingshells31