Oil in Radiator

I have a 1997 KIA Sportage with a 2.0L DOHC motor with 135,000 km on the clock. When the motors been idling for 10 minutes and I remove the radiator cap and look into the radiator I notice streaks of engine oil in the water. When I turn the motor off, oil appears to continue leaking into the radiator for sometime afterwards. Could this be a head gasket problem of a cracked head.

Reply to
steve22537

=== Well that oil is getting into your cooling fluid from some where so I would sure get it taken care of. It's not going to just stop leaking in by it self.

Reply to
Shines

I agree that it's one of the two, and it is extremely important to get it taken care of. More problematic than oil in the coolant is coolant/water in the oil. If you continue to use the vehicle, keep an eye on the oil. If it starts looking like a chocolate milk shake, it's losing its ability to lubricate.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM