Kia Sedona EX 2004

I have about 12000 miles of which 9000 are highway (Wi to Florida) etc. The check engine light came on. It runs fine, I can take it in tomorrow to the dealer but I want to wait a week till after thanksgiving- am I going to be in trouble? It runs fine. Just the light is on. By the way, I love it. get about 20-21 mpg on the road at

75ish mph.
Reply to
Tom Thumb

On 18 Nov 2004 11:49:54 -0800, someone posing as Tom Thumb chisled in the wall:

In general, your CE light can mean anything is up. Essentially you have an on board diagnostics system checking a ton of things, any which can trip the light.

You can take the van into AutoZone and they'll read your codes for free. At least at that point you can determine if it is a critical issue or one that can wait.

Nice van, eh? A little smallish but functional. I used ours (38K miles) this weekend to haul a bunk bed and two mattresses from the store to our house. Man! I had all four rear seats out and the van was loaded top to bottom! :)

Reply to
filesiteguy

It's under warranty so it won't cost anything. I called the dealer back and he said that as long as it's not FLASHING and the van is running well- I can wait till the monday after thanksgiving.

Reply to
Tom Thumb

I had the same problem just a few weeks ago on my 2004. Stopped by the dealer on the way home fomr work, turned out it was the gas cap. Seems there was a bur on the fill neck that has scored the cap gasket. The removed the bur, and flipped the cap gasket, reset the computer and all is well now. Take a look at yours

Reply to
Torgyg