2003 Kia Sedona Engine Knock

I am experincing a slight engine knock / tick when I speed up. Also m
van sat for a few days and when I started it , the knock/tick was mor
evident. But after I drove it around the noice returned to the sligh knock/tick when I speed up. Anyone had this similar problem
-- conai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- conair's Profile: http://cars.mylounge.us/member.php?useridp69 View this thread: http://cars.mylounge.us/showthread.php?t 579
Actually, so have I, both on my '02 and '04. The sound is one a sticky lifter would make.
It is very intermittent. By that I mean, I will start it up, it will sound terrible (and will stay that way the whole time it is on - VERY noticeable), then a day later, I will start it out, and I won't hear it again for a month.
Because of that, the garage has been unable to find anything (of course, it never acts up for them).
If they find something, I will post it.
Green Valley Giant

Rev. Tom Wenndt wrote:

Manual Gearboxs - This is caused by the vibration in the cables on the selectors Either change down or don't accelerate so hard. Does not normally happen above 3000 rpm. Info from a Kia mechanic.
members. Groucho Marx
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:45:23 +0100, Scraggy took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

By "Manual Gearboxes" you mean a stickshift version of the Sedona? I didn't know there was one - I thought they all were 5-speed automatics.
--
kai
www.perfectreign.com
PerfectReign wrote:

At the risk of stereotyping, look outside of your borders occasionally. The standard gearbox for most cars in Europe, for instance, is manual.
members. Groucho Marx
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:12:34 +0100, someone posing as Scraggy took a five minute break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:

I didn't know the Sedona existed outside the US/Canada. I thought it was the 2.9L diesel Carnival.
--
kai - snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com - www.perfectreign.com

Wir werden immer laut durch's Leben ziehn, jeden Tag in jedem Jahr, und
Perfect Reign wrote:

Looks like your knowledgebase has broadened then.
--
Himmel, Arsch und Zwirn.

Site Timeline