Programming Keyless Entry

Just bought a 2001 Sportage but it didn't come with the keyless entry remote.
Bought one off of Ebay but it didn't come with profgramming instructions.

Anyone willing to type out the info from the manual for me or have any advice? I'd rather not pay the dealer $40 to do it.
Thanks in advance!
KateC

I don't have a Sportage but you might want to your question at these places as well. They're Kia Sportage support forums. Goodluck http://p079.ezboard.com/bkiasportageclub http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB70 http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f254 /
Programming Additional transmitters Kia Remote keyless Entry(RKE) Up to 4 remotes can be programmed to the KIA RKE
1) Open the drivers door 2) Turn vehicle ignition to ON position 3) Locate the programming button. Note: The programing button is attatched to the Remote keyless Entry Harness next to the RKE module plug under the front centre console. Reach the button from the drivers side. 4) Press and hold the programming button 10-15 seconds, horn will sound 3 times. Release button 5)Press(lock button) on the new remote transmitter. Horn will beep 1 time Repeat this step for any additional remote transmitters (up to four) 6) Turn vehicle ignition OFF. Test remote transmitter(s) for proper operation.
the sportage is very easy to program. reach under the shifter plate between the rug and the plastic plate that holds the shift leaver from the drivers door side. its towned the front between the shifter and the little tray, just above the gas pedal. feel in there for a button on a set of wires, usually wound with electrical tape wound around it. when you find the button gentally pull it partially out. Now make sure the battery in the remote is good, that's first. Then with the drivers door open, put the key in the ignition and turn it till the lights only, light up, don't start the engine. Push and hold the button you retreived down and hold it for 15 seconds, be patient. the horn will beep 3 times, that means you are in the program mode, push the lock button and the unlock button at the same time, the horn will sound once. Then you know its programmed. If you have more then one remote just do the same last step and it will beep once for each remote. Turn off the ignition, test it by pushing any button. Easy enough. There's a guy on ebay that charges $7 for this information. I pasted the email in the back of my manual. If anyone is a Ham radio operator out there and needs a simple antenna for a Kia Sportage, contact me, I have the plans for a 2 meter 5/8 wave antena you can build for pennies.
I know that this reply was posted months ago, but I was hoping you may still be able to help. I am STILL trying to figure this out! Is the button nearer to the gas pedal (near the center console) or closer to the brake pedal (more to the left)? Is it under carpet? DO I need to pull it out of the way? HELP! :)
I have a 2001 Sephia with the remote module under the center console but the programming button is on the far left just above the hood latch and hanging down from behind the dash. Mine has a black housing with the single button recessed inside. Good luck.
it's just on the gas pedal side. between the shifter and the gas pedal. reach uder the plastic that holds the shifter. the button is tucked under there, just under the edge of the panel on the shift hump, between the carpet and the plastic. just a few wires taped together with a button on the end. that's it, nothing fancy. just pull it out a little. There is another button on the left side by the hood release, that's an emergency over ride for the alarm system.
one other thing, if you loose your key, Home Depot has the blanks, so does Walmart. The Dealer gets some rediculous price. It's an Axxess+ blank, they don't have it listed in their manual, but they do have it. I work for HD, and have made several for my daughter and myself. I don't have the blank number with me today, but email me and I'll send you the blank number.With that number, they can make as many keys as you want for under $3.00 each.