Cruise control shutting down

Hi,

I own a june 2003 Kia Sorento which I bought last month from a dealer. It had only 4000 km on the meter and had been used as demo. Now before I go back to the dealer I have a question. If I use the cruise controle it sometimes stop working and stoppes without any reason, like bumps in the road. At that time there is no possibility to switch it on again. A coupple of days later it is working again without any problem. This already occurred several times. Does this sound familiar for some of you ?

Thanks Peter The Netherlands

Reply to
peter

Peter this may sound over simplistic but it appears that you have an intermiten open circuit in the cruise control curcitry. Have your mechanice check you wiring to make sure all components are plugged in. Loos wiring has been a problem in Sorentos. Also, the quality of the electrical wiring in some of their early models leaves something to be desired. Good luck and I am sorry that I couldn't help you more. Elwood P. Suggins

Reply to
Elwood P. Suggins

|Yes it does, They use a signal from the gear box and a connction is made at the bottom of the car. this can pollute quickly I had the same thing. It is only a small repair. "peter" schreef in bericht news:c8cvod$t6g$ snipped-for-privacy@news.cistron.nl...

Reply to
Planet Internet Nieuws

Can you do it (repair) yourself or do you have to go to the dealer?

Thanks Peter

Planet >> Yes it does, They use a signal from the gear box and a connction is >> made at

Reply to
peter