Kia vs. Saturn

Im planning on buying a new vehicle and want to know what you all think about the two vehicles im planning on purchasing.

I do NOT want something that is loaded to max, just a simple plain car.

So ive narrowed the selection down to a Kia Sorento or a Saturn Vue.

Which would you buy and why?

Reply to
Fighting For Kids

When purchasing our Sorento, we were able to compare it head-to-head with our friend's brand new Saturn Vue. In my book the Kia was the better choice for us. Not only did it have more power (the ability to tow our camper was a requirement), but it was rear-wheel drive with a solid rear axle. The basic Vue is Front-wheel-drive, which I don't like for towing. The Sorento also is built on a true truck chassis with 9 crossmembers for lateral rigidity and it even has skidplates on the 2WD version. The Vue is a unibody design. The exterior isn't as angular and boxy as the Vue either. My personal opinion is that the Sorento has nicer interior appointments, but I realize that this is debatable depending on what you like. For the same money, however, the Sorento did come with more features such as power sun roof and 8-way power driver's seat. We have over 10,000 miles on our Sorento now and the only problem we have is the clock does not keep good time. The only drawback to the Sorento is I wish the mileage could be a little better, but we are getting around 19-20mpg in combined driving which is not bad for a 4400lbs truck.

All that being said, I will admit that I have heard stories of people waiting exhorbitant amounts of time for parts for their Sorentos (shipping time from Korea), so that does give at least one benefit to the Vue being built here in the US. However, we've not experienced this because other than the clock - which we haven't taken it into the shop for yet - we've had nothing break down that required parts (knock on wood). Also, if gas mileage is much more important to you than extra power, then the Vue can be had with a 4-cylinder motor, which would have not met our needs for towing.

Whatever you finally decide to get, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race