Radio

Any ideas how to Remove and Install the Factory radio in a 2001 KIA Sephia ??

Reply to
Global

put car in park with brake on, pry off the black bezel. it comes right off , I used a paint scrapper because it's thin and won't scratch the grey plastic around it. remove the 4black screws holding the rdaio and the useless rectangular box under it. they come out together, unplug unit by pushing clip on top of the connector and antenna plug. if you are putting a new radio in, you will need and adapter. here is a source ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) he cahrges about $4.00 plus shipping and will throw in a neat set of piezo speakers to boot. plug adapter in harness and into back of new radio. you jave to drill 2 new mount holes on side of new radio to mount. but it's pretty easy. becareful of the height of the new unit. the bezels on kenwood units are higher then the old radio, so you have to get an adapter which willmake the the little storege box 1/4 inch flatter. if you need a source, contact me. I just did the job in my daughters 2000 sportage. plus I put a roof rack on for $97 that came out great, after I got the courage to drill the holles in the roof of the car.

Reply to
helix

$35 labor at most LOCALLY owned car stero shops and buy the stero there too

do NOT shop at walmarts, bestbuy, circuitcity or crutchfirld

Reply to
I'm Right