Seeting CD clock on 98 Sportage

Just picked up a used 98 Kia Sportage But no owners manual

All I need to know is how to change the clock on the CD player

Any details

Thanx

Reply to
Steve's NEWS

I have a 98 Kia Sephia, which may have the same CD Radio model. This is how I change the clock:

Hold the little clock button for 3-4 seconds, until the display starts flashing. Use twist volume knob to change the hour, then push the volume knob to save the hour. Repeat this for the minutes.

Reply to
toto.nguyen

Unfortunately its the Digital version (label says Regulated 1 bit DAC) and does not have a twist volume knob, has volume up / down buttons, tried the obvious but doesnt work i.e. Hold Clock in, after a few secons it flashes, up down volume actually take the volume up / down !

Anyone have any other ideas ?

Reply to
Steve's NEWS

I've hit the same problem. Hold the Clock button until the hour flashes, but then no matter what I hit or turn, the hour doesn't change and instead I'm returned to the radio. This model has a knob to turn the volume, and the suggestion offered regarding turning the volume knob to set the hour doesn't work. Did anyone ever find the answer to this situation? I checked KIA's site and couldn't find a support page.

Thanks in advance, David

Steve's NEWS wrote:

Reply to
DKoch67

Just in case someone else has the same problem, let me explain the solution I found.

It's as simple as turning off the radio and/or CD player. Set the clock when the unit is powered off. This way, once you've held the Clock button and the hour starts to flash, you can turn the volume knob to set the hour (with no music for the volume knob to adjust, it can only change the clock). Then, push the volume knob in to switch to the minutes. Turn the volume knob to set the minutes, and you're done.

I'm not sure if turning off the power will help with the digital version, though.

David

Reply to
DKoch67