Spectra 1.6 Hesitation

Hi

I have a 2004 manual 1.6lt Spectra. My problem is the car has very poor acceleration between 1000-2500 rpms and shows very late responses to the gas pedal. It hesitates for a few seconds and starts to accelerates weakly. On higher rpms it goes pretty well and there is no problem when idling. None of the check engine or check oil lights has illuminated. Any idea about this problem? Thanks...

Reply to
Remo

How many miles does your vehicle have? I have the same problems with my Optima 2.4 and everyone is saying to change the plug wires. Im going to change mine either today or tomorrow...

Kia's require alot of maintenance I have found. Not something I expected when I first purchased the vehicle. I suppose I should have assumed differently. Follow your maintenance schedule closely.

Reply to
IndyOptima