Tool Question

I have a '98 KIA Sportage. The gas struts which hole up the rear hatch are dying. I need to replace them. But how do I get them off? What tool do I use. Thanks.

Reply to
Scribner

Don't know the precise strut in question but most simply require a small screwdriver point inserting under the spring clip and levering up. The work of seconds really.

Reply to
Scraggy