Your opinions on the Sedona.... I might buy one

How are the 2004 Sedonas holding up as far as reliability goes? Any major problems? Has anyone seen (or purchased) the 2005 model? My suspicion is that Kia's quality -- suspect in the past -- may be improving rapidly. In this case, would it make sense to wait for the 2005 Sedonas? Any opinions? TIA, Marty

Reply to
Marty

I just bought an '05 Sedona LX two weeks ago. LOVE IT!! The quality is TOP NOTCH. All seating areas have plenty of room. I got the upgraded captains chairs in all the seating areas except for the very back. I think those are worth the extra money. The A/C is very powerful and it is nice to have separate controls for the rear A/C and heat. I've been trying to think of a complaint but can't. The engine has plenty of power especially with the 5 speed automatic. I tow a small pop-up trailer and don't even know it is back there.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Marty scratched out in the sand

Aside from the size - it is a MINIvan after all - and severe lack of legroom in the middle and rear rows, it is a good car. Drives well, powers well, tows well, and can even smoke rice-racers when they try to pass you on freeway onramps... :)

'02 Sedona EX 38,000 miles - warranty issues so far (covered): broken visor vanity, loose armrest, 3-year-old jammed three CD's in player/radio unit replaced.

Reply to
filesiteguy

I differ in this opinion. Yes it is a minivan but compared to other minivans, the Sedona seems MUCH larger to me, even parked next to other mini vans the Sedona looks larger. I don't have any problems with the leg room in the back either. Sure beats the back seat of a car!

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Todd scratched out in the sand

Well, that's just my observation. I feel the headroom is low and my knees often hit the steering wheel.

I don't complain because my wife drives it mostly. I usually have the Maxima which is hard to climb into but has pretty good legroom.

Reply to
filesiteguy

Well, at the risk of asking a dumb question, have you re-adjusted the seat and steering wheel to suit your body? I am assuming both are adjustable as they are in the Sorento.

I sat in one for a few minutes when waiting to try the Sorento and found it fairly roomy. I don't recall feeling squeezed in any way. I will admit, though, that it has been over a year since that moment and I might have forgotten a thing or two.

Reply to
Tim Lapin

I have an '03 Sedona, just under 30K miles. Generally very happy with the van, except the gas mileage (approx. 17 mpg mixed city/highway) is a sore point. Warranty repairs - some emission control problems, jammed front seatbelt, noisy belt tensioner, all repaired without hassle by the dealer, though there are often delays while waiting for parts. The quality of the paint and plastic certainly isn't up to Honda or Toyota standards - things scratch pretty easily. While I'll keep mine, I'm not positive that I'd buy another one. I'd really like to see Kia improve the gas mileage.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
dantomfin

I have an '03 Sedona, just under 30K miles. Generally very happy with the van, except the gas mileage (approx. 17 mpg mixed city/highway) is a sore point. Warranty repairs - some emission control problems, jammed front seatbelt, noisy belt tensioner, all repaired without hassle by the dealer, though there are often delays while waiting for parts. The quality of the paint and plastic certainly isn't up to Honda or Toyota standards - things scratch pretty easily. While I'll keep mine, I'm not positive that I'd buy another one. I'd really like to see Kia improve the gas mileage.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
dantomfin

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:10:07 -0400, someone posing as Tim Lapin chisled in the wall:

Nah, not a dumb question - yeah, I have the seat all the way back when I drive and as low as it'll take me. Both driver and passenger have power adjustable seats and I take a advantage. The rear seats only slide back and forth (as well as recline).

Reply to
filesiteguy

On 28 Sep 2004 08:22:12 -0700, someone posing as dantomfin chisled in the wall:

Yeah, or at least put a V8 in there since we get the same mileage as one anyway.

Reply to
filesiteguy