Your opinions on the Sedona....... I DID buy one

Thanks to all for your replies to my previous request for info on the Sedona. I purchased one on Thursday and, with only 70 miles behind me, I'm still getting the feel of it. I got the LX version and it seems nicely done. I can't see much of the engine with the shroud over it, but I guess it down there somewhere. Runs quiet, acceleration adequate, smooth shifting and the A/C seems powerful enough for me. It may have ended, but I got a $1500.00 rebate and, much to my surprise, an additional $2000.00 rebate for have a "competitive" current vehicle; in my case, a 1994 Plymouth Voyager (aka "The Blue Flame"). You don't have to trade in your "competitive" vehicle to get the $2000.00 (I didn't), you just have to show the salesman the registration. As near as I can tell, any van from another manufacturer is considered a competitive van. When all was said and done, it came in at a little over $17,000.00........... about 3K better than a comparably equipped Caravan. Way too soon to tell what the gas mileage will be, but I'll be watching it after the engine gets some more miles on it. If the Sedona lasts as long as my old van, I'll be a happy camper. I bought the "Flame" new in 1994, put 164,000+ miles on it and probably spent no more than $700.00 in repairs over the period. Anyhow, we'll see what the Sedona is made of. Marty

Reply to
Marty