110 idle speed problem

Had it in this morning, the mechanic reckons the pumps had water & other non specific shit as the filter had loads of it in. The idle speed is all over the place & running very high. Any idea what is likely to have been damaged or whatever? It runs weet as a nut with no smoke etc!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

V8 su-carb? think they're called poppet valves or somesuch. they stick.

Mine will slowly increase to around 2000rpm on occasion.

otherwise, look for air leaks first and then linkages not returning I'd guess.

Reply to
William Tasso

Sorry matey, 110 2.5 turbo diesel

Reply to
Nige

jOn

If it's a Lucas/CAV pump they can race if the feed pressure from the lift pump is low. Quite likely if it was full of crap, there may be some stuck under the valve seats. Remove ring of screws round lift pump and clean out valves etc, no need to disturb diaphragm. If water is the problem in injector pump, once fuel system is cleaned out it may right itself otherwise expensive rebuild may be needed.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Icky, YGM!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Hi Nige

I will give you a ring after I,ve got kids sorted.

Cheers

Icky

Reply to
icky