15.6Volts on a 12V Disco?

Just a wee query to those in the group who know more about these things than I do. I've been fitting a 12V winch to my Discovery. It was causing me problems which I've traced to a dodgy relay. However, my question concerns the reading of 15.6 volts I was getting with the engine running. This seems a bit high to me. I thought it should have been nearer 14 volts. Any advice on whether this is normal or a problem would be appreciated.

Thanks Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray

14.6 is around the norm on a charge with the engine running. No idea of the specifics of your vehicle.

My first check would be to use another meter to test it.

If its still high then the voltage regulator sounds to be iffy.

Which Disco do you have?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

High i reckon, check your voltage reg, if you're not careful it will cause problems.

Reply to
Nige

It's a 96 300Tdi with about 106000 miles.

Is the voltage regulator integrated into the alternator or is it separate?

Thanks again. Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray

Integrated and available from your local Lucas spares emporium I can probably find a pdf that describes how to replace the pack if pushed, DerekW

Reply to
DerekW