2002 FREELANDER SUCKS !

Hi I purchased 2002 Freelander in 2002, under factory warranty.

The damn car stays in WOODBRIDGE LANDROVER, NJ, MORE THAN it stays on ROAD !

One time, something like Carborator type electronic gone,

Second time, Transmission dead

When I ask WOODBRIDGE LANDROVER, AVNEL, NJ DEALER that is it normal?

"Oh Yeah ! Things happen", he says, "Lot of time it happen in Discovery and even Rang Rover also even before 12000 miles !"

After changing Transmission, humming noice and transmission slips from 5 mph going to 10 mph.

Dealer reply is, "Transmission is learning your Driving Habit, there is nothin wrong in it. Wait for couple of weeks, and than we will see !"

Yeah ! like you waited for than transmission was sleeping, and you waited for car will stop automatically on the highway and risk the driver and passanger's life !,

Yeah ! when some one will die, or some one will sue landrover, than you only you will act !

Yeah ! "EVERY ONE IS FRIENDS HERE AT LAND ROVER !"

Reply to
Jitendra Mavadia

And your point is?

Lee D

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Well, they've got a lovely website.

I notice they also sell Rolls Royce and Bentley, so its not as if you didn't have any other choice.

And you would still have ended up with a smashing English automobile.

-- SW

Reply to
QuickDraw Steve

Yeah ! "EVERY ONE IS FRIENDS HERE AT LAND ROVER !"

Of course they are - this is alt.FAN.Landrover.

What is all this 'sucking' business anyway?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Now, there's a way to increase the value of your beloved!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I thought he had a problem with his air intake....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

"Jitendra Mavadia" wrote

You purchased a used car with a factory warranty - good move.

It's probably homesick.

Common problem, cured by replacing the inflight fuel better type spring thing done.

And in English?

Yeah! Right on!

Come on, what is your point?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I often wonder how many of these problems can be traced to the age old id-IOt interface error...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Twas Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:07:12 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

LOL, is this one of yours Martyn?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

If I were you, I'd trade it in for a Suzuki Vitara.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

optional extra ?

Reply to
Denis F

Perhaps you all scared him off

JonW "When in danger, when in doubt Run in circles, scream and shout" RotR, Rule 8.g (amended)

Reply to
pl.white

Love it. Sent to some engineer colleagues of mine.....awaiting response!

Reply to
pl.white

The damn car stays in WOODBRIDGE LANDROVER, NJ, MORE THAN it stays on ROAD !

One time, something like Carborator type electronic gone,

Second time, Transmission dead

When I ask WOODBRIDGE LANDROVER, AVNEL, NJ DEALER that is it normal?

A Freelander, well that's your problem. You should have bought a Series Landrover, much more comfortable, faster, quieter, more responsive, easier to drive and so very reliable. You chose the wrong vehicle mate. :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Point is I think, Paul Miller or Woodbridge Land Rover does not have preventive maintanance system.

Point is I either they do not pay full attention to customer's complaint, and would rather wait for major disaster to happen, so they can make more money and charged to the company as it is under warranty.

Point is Wood Bridge Land Rover might not be equipped with proper tools OR intellegence OR knowledge about the car, so they can diagnose and PIN POINT the problem in first place.

Point is LAND ROVER is NOT A RELIABLE CAR SPECIALLY FOR LADIES. My wife is driving Freelander and I am checking my options, whether to go BMW X-5?

Note: as per service department, this kind of transmission problem happen in entire range of Land Rover, which includes Discovery and Rangrover also, TRANSMISSION GOES EVEN BEFORE 12000 MILES.

Reply to
Jitendra Mavadia

You may be right. Or wrong. They can only follow the Land Rover service schedule.

You may be right. Or wrong.

If they are franchised they have to have the equipment. They may have unplugged it just to annoy you. I wouldn't blame them.

Utter crap. Some cars break down, even BMW's. There is no car to my knowledge that is made especially reliable for ladies. But then again I don't know many, only Yorkshire women.

Complete crap. Each of the vehicles you mention has a completely different transmission. In fact the Range Rover is very similar to the BMW X5...

And what the hell do you expect me to do about it? Sell my four Land Rovers which I love and am very happy with just because you aren't happy with yours?

Just piss off, there's a good chap.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

- "He is a significant risk to children"================================================================

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition...

I'm sure that we'd all rally to your aid, write letters of support, call our MP and boycot Land Rover until your concerns are resolved to your complete satisfaction - if you weren't appearing to be a top posting snipwit troll, obviously :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:35:07 GMT, "Jitendra Mavadia" enlightened us thusly:

crap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to