24 volt fuel level sender

if I connect one of these to a 12v vehicle how will it read?

I fitted a spare sender to the 101 as the original was knackered, and now have a reading on the gauge - but it is reading 3/4 full, when the tank should only be 1/4 or below (one jerry can full of juice).

Was my spare sender a 24 volt one? or do i have some other possible problem.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Lets have a look at the knackered one at Eastnor.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

It needs rewinding as the wire has disintegrated (like the 101 gauge which has done the same thing).

Reply to
Tom Woods

Disintegrated or consumed by rodents?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Doubt the little buggers can tread petrol for long enough to nibble them. Are they like the MGB units where the windings are immersed in fuel rather than sealed? Derek

Reply to
Derek

unless they unscrewed it, snuck inside and then screwed it back up again afterwards it has disintegrated! ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Sounds like you couldn't put anything past your mice. Is it something in the water ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor