90 brakes

I changed the rear shoes on my 90 a few weeks ago and now they are sticking. I noticed the ones that came off the friction material was further up one end than the other. The new ones are the same at each end (about an inch in). Someone told me I need to file a chamfer on each shoe at the wheel end as a 'square' edge can stic to the drum. Does that sound right? Thanks Richard ps. the pistons are free so its not them

Reply to
Richard

Anyone?I changed the rear shoes on my 90 a few weeks ago and now they are sticking. I noticed the ones that came off the friction material was further up one end than the other. The new ones are the same at each end (about an inch in). Someone told me I need to file a chamfer on each shoe at the wheel end as a 'square' edge can stic to the drum. Does that sound right? Thanks Richard ps. the pistons are free so its not them

[...]

For what it's worth, I always chamfered the leading edges of new brake shoes on any drum braked vehicle I re-shod. Probably a habit developed from years of owning drum braked motorcycles.

Neil

Neil