A 4x4 is born the series

The series "a 4x4 is born " is being re-run on Quest TV(freeview) starting tomorrow(Thursday 27th) afternoon 3:00pm until 4:00pm every
weekday. I found it interesting when it was shown last.
Neil
On 26/05/10 21:15, Neil wrote:

I always seem to turn off after ten minutes with those shows.
I find I just want to strangle the bloke doing the job, and his pal is even worse.
--
William Black

These are the gilded popinjays and murderous assassins of Perfidious
William Black wrote:

The phrase "Jammy Git" comes to mind
Lizzy
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk says...

TV for the unemployed (or in some cases unemployable!) At that time of day.
Tin had and flame proof jacket at the ready :)
Dave B.
On 27/05/10 09:32, Mr Dave Baxter wrote:

And the retired...
--
William Black

These are the gilded popinjays and murderous assassins of Perfidious
says...

Or shift workers? Retired and Disabled?
I happen to think it is great TV for those who are wanting to learn about all things mechanical as they explain things quite well. Lad likes watching it and I'm sure he knows way more about Diffs and lockers than I did until I was probably 25.
Regardless he is as Lizzy says a Jammey git getting to build all those projects and no doubt picking up a nice packet at the end of it.
Lee D
On 27/05/10 10:04, Lee_D wrote:

One assumes he's got some sort of serious engineering reputation, or is he just a rich bloke who has an industrial unit set up as a workshop and who wanted to make some films?
And, on looking him up, it seems he's a vet.
So, a rich guy with an expensive hobby who managed to make it into his living...
http://www.markevans.co.uk /
--
William Black

These are the gilded popinjays and murderous assassins of Perfidious
William Black wrote:

Hes a vet
--

Nige,

Land Rover 90

Nam?
;-)
Lee D
Lee_D wrote:

Ham?
--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi

Is the landrover his? or the program makers at the end, as it just seems he has made a lot of different things, various cars, plane, motor cycles, helecopter,
Al C
On 28/05/10 14:51, Al Clarke wrote:

I understand that he is the programme maker.
--
William Black

These are the gilded popinjays and murderous assassins of Perfidious

the manor vet round here drives round in an aston martin
On Thu, 27 May 2010 10:04:19 +0100, Lee_D wrote:

Pity it doesn't appear to be on Freesat, at least their web site doesn't mention Freesat only Freeview (38) and Sky (154. +1 167) but then it doesn't mention Virgin (179) ot TalkTalk (109) either.
Kids now home so not allowed to "play" with the telly, is Sky 154/167 FTA, FTV or subscription? I suspect it might be subscription as the channel is owned by Discovery and all the other Discovery stuff is subscription.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Dave Liquorice wrote:

I have the 'A 4x4 is born' series on computer, Send me an email, promise to put a fiver or more in http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ , http://www.rnli.org.uk/ or http://www.macmillan.org.uk and I'll send you copy.
--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
On 28 May 2010 16:34:17 GMT, Paul - xxx wrote:

I guess it might be an intersting series but I was more looking to see if the channel it was transmitted on was available as it sounds interesting in general. Having played Quest appears to be subscription via a Sky box at least.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Dave Liquorice wrote:

We get Quest on channel 38 on our freeview box ...
--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
On 30 May 2010 12:33:37 GMT, Paul - xxx wrote:

Slight problem, we don't have a Freeview signal here. DSO isn't due until 2012...
--
Cheers
Dave.

On 30/05/10 14:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.questtv.co.uk/how_to_get_quest
--
William Black

These are the gilded popinjays and murderous assassins of Perfidious
On Sun, 30 May 2010 21:03:47 +0100, William Black wrote:

due
Slight problem, we don't pay for satellite TV. Quest is a subscription channel on Sky and is not available on Freesat. The above page doesn't mention Virgin Media or TalkTalk so is not particulary good IMHO.
--
Cheers
Dave.