A Word to the Wise !!

I should think that you could do more than try or you'll have to punish yourself like Dobby the House-elf did in Harry Potter, and iron your fingers.

Reply to
Nikki

No More fumbling around :-) No more wearing sunglasses to watch TV or type on here !!

However there is new set of Goggles in the Garage Now.

Thanks for surport guys.....

" Might be like my landie, old and full of holes but still keeps on going somehow ;-) "

Reply to
Igundwane

Let's hope nothing drops off!

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:01:43 +0100, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

cor. well done!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thank you.

Reply to
Nikki

Now, to attempt to draw a line under this for once and for all:- (are you listening Martyn?)

All you have to do, initially, to make me (a) stick to LR content on this NG and (b) possibly even try to ignore your postings altogether, is....

It's quite simple....

Ever so simple....

Remove all references to me (and my name) and that website from your signature files PERMANENTLY and never mention my name again on this NG, anywhere in any of your future postings. You must agree to this in writing and this time around, stick to it. This would mean we can take the row elsewhere and let others deal with it.

Try it! I am sure the rest of the NG will thank you for it.

Note to everyone else: This is a reasonable attempt by me to remove this situation from this NG. I have requested Martyn to agree to one simple task. It's up to him now!

Reply to
Llandrovers!

i am sorry to open this old one up again, but i have come across some new information regarding the origin of the phrase "tit for tat." the origin of this phrase are still much disputed and the above is listed as one possible source, however, many believe that it was actually derived from the french phrase "tant pour tant" meaning "sop much for so much" or even the dutch phrase "dit voor dat" meaning "this for that"

the french phrase sounds a little far-off, but the dutch phrase is very similar to ours. make up your own minds fellas.

cheers.

sam

Reply to
samuel mcgregor