Help with stray Rangie part (P38)

I'm trying to identift a part that I found rattling around the engine bay of my 96 Rangie. It looks like some sort of filter - cylindrical anout 35mm long x 12mm dia with a reduced and threaded section at one end - the other end is closed. It was found behinf the LH headlight on that little ledge thing there near the air filter box. I can email anyone a picture if that will help. I'm sure it just a discarded/replaced part from a service before I bought it but it pays to be sure. TTFN Martin (Melbourne, Australia)

Reply to
Martin