Advise please

Help!. Talk about a bad day. 1, My vacuum pump on my 2.25 diesel fell off from its mountings while driving to night work. Which left me flumexed on how?. Eventually I got some help from Mr ty wrap to keep the pump together. Which I evetually got home with. So I needed to know what size bolts to replace and specs for this size engine. Has there been a better way to permently fix this.

2, A person who I was going for an interview with never showed up. 3, To cap it off I did not have any dinner, because I was trying to fix this stupid pump. So do I win the prize of the unlucky sod award?. How much would it cost to replace the vacuum pump?

regards

John N Oakes

Landrover 90 1984

2.25 Diesel NA (Don't ask) Hope to pass MOT again
Reply to
John Nicholas Oakes

I have to go see Meat Loaf tonight. So you've got it good.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Is the vacuum pump on a 2.25D the same as one for a 2.5D? Sits where the dissy would on a 2.25 petrol?

I paid a tenner for a second hand vacuum pump for my 2.5. I never actually had to put it on though, as taking the existing 'broken' one off scared it into working again!, and its been fine since!

I think the bolts on my engine are all standard metric ones.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well managed to sort the problem out. There was a kind local engineer store who let me have some bolts for free. The vacuum pump is working okay. I cannot fathom how the bolts got away. Unless thieves took it or mice.

regards john

Reply to
John Nicholas Oakes

Does yours use a metal strap too bolt to the engine and uses a pully wheel to pump.

Reply to
John Nicholas Oakes

Sounds like 2.25 vacuum pums are completely different to 2.5 ones then! Mine bolts on where the dissy would be, and is driven off the cam.

Reply to
Tom Woods