Air suspension lights sometimes remain on

Hi there,

I have an LSE which has been great. It still is actually, but occasionally, all 3 air sus lights illuminate.

This should happen at startup and they shoud extinguish a few seconds after. Just lately, the lights have remained on for a few miles or so - then go out out - but occasionally come back.

It has manifested over a very rainy few days, and now seems 95%ish reliable.

I'm going to WD40ise all the sensor connections this week, but I wonder if anyone else has had this? Most of the time its fine.

Thanks in advance

Mike F

Reply to
Freeman

Can you hear the pump working unusually hard/long periods?

MC.

-------

occasionally,

Reply to
Mark C.

Mark,

No, the pump is cycling as usual. The problem seems to happen first thing, and after 5 miles/10 minutes you can almost garuntee the lights wont return.

No flashing either, just ON.

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Freeman

on my SE it was the switch light relay front one under seat, if it don't come on system mostly dont work but it doesnt drop you down to the bump stops in limp home mode. The relay is tripped by ECU after its decided everything OK, hence the small period of all lights on at start up. but if all lights remain on then it is the equivallent of hitting the middle switch, disabling height changes ISTR, (eg normally drops height at 52mph) . The message from "Freeman" contains these words:

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

Thanks for that Warwick.

So are you saying that all three lights should NEVER come on, even on startup?

What colour is the relay, can you remember?

Cheers,

Mike

Reply to
Freeman

The message from "Freeman" contains these words:

no they come on for a brief period then go out, thats the ecu giving you the all clear.

no but i think a cheap one will do, not the expensive oem one, actuallly no difference we found. It might have been grey, but it was front one under side of drivers seat in 1993, had to take out the seat side panel.

Reply to
Warwick Barnes