anti leak fluids

Does anyone uses those several types of fluids to prevent any leakages? For the radiator, axles, hydraulics, gear/transferboxes, heatingsystem, etc....

Or something as Slick50?

Should I use those fluids/materials on my '86 Def 90 V8, "Hurricane" limited edition (only 25 in NL ever build by Rover NL).

Marc

Reply to
Tja Mats

I have used them, with limited success.

The radiator stop-leak products seem to work well for a pinhole leak somewhere, especially the aluminum powders.

The oil-leak products will work somewhat for a slightly worn gasket, escpecially in summer weather. In winter weather, when the cold pulls the gaps wider, these products don't work worth beans.

Peace, Tor

Reply to
Tor

I used to work for a company called revolution oils. After that I would never use a product like Slick-50. Certain things like Barweld. or Barrs seal, work fine for small coolant leaks (and Saab actually recommend leaving it in the system at all times). Other than helping in an emergency, I would stick to the lubricants as recommended by the manufacturer.

Reply to
danny