any advice please - td5 disco seat recline mechanism busted..

Hi,

I've just spent £325 on a main dealer service for my Td5 (the first and last time they shaft me like that) and a day later the recline mechanism on the drivers seat has decided to go wrong. The seat back is now at 45 degrees and refuses to go up or down - the adjustment wheel just spins freely.

Anyone experienced a similar problem and can give me some idea of a solution that won't mean I have to sell the house?

John (depressed from Cornwall)

Reply to
John Rilstone

StaffBull

|| Hi, || || I've just spent £325 on a main dealer service for my Td5 (the first || and last time they shaft me like that)

If that was a full service, buddy, you've had a bargain. Seriously, if you add up the costs of main dealer servicing and set them against the higher resale value a couple of years down the line, they're probably not a bad idea for high-value LRs.

Reply to
Richard Brookman