anyone nr chatham with a Rovacom lite?

That will plug into a v8 disco 1?

i'm at the end of me tether now

I NEED to know whats up with it, but everywhere around here is booked up for weeks, and I'm sposed to be taking horses from the yard to the vets on monday!

Cant offer much other than a mean cup of tea

Thanks in advance

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

In message , GrnOval writes

I can see them all rushing down to Kent to diagnose your V8 for a cup of tea !!!!!

Reply to
Marc Draper

I was wondering what "a mean cup of tea" meant.

1) A really stonking cup of tea the best you have ever, or will, taste. 2) A cup of tea made with luke warm water using a "value" T bag on the 6th time round and 2ml of milk.

B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:27:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

remember though, that proper tea is theft.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Click...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I don't even know what one is,

Reply to
Larry

It's a diagnostic computer interface Larry, probably of most use to your SIII as a chock for when the handbrake buggers up! ;-) AFAIUI, the Disco 1 isn't complex enough to really need it anyway, at least I've never needed to use mine on anything other than DII and P38's. GrnOval, what is the problem/symptoms? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Whats up with it? Im in Maidstone and could do with plugging mine in to. Have you tried AHL at Ulcombe ?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Whats up with it? Im in Maidstone and could do with plugging mine in too. Have you tried AHL at Ulcombe ?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I have one (located in west Kent) but as I inferred in my previous post a cup tea generally is not considered as currency.

Reply to
Marc Draper

I quite agree. The size of the investment in diagnostic scan tools means you need a decent return every time they are used.

Reply to
EMB

That's a rather selfish attitude, and typically English. Fair enough if you are a garage, but if I owned Rovacom Lite personally then I'd be more than happy to help fellow LR owners in my area. I believe that's what the OP was asking for, not for a garage to offer their services for free.

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

EMB is not in the UK !!!

And he is a Garage as am I .

When it comes to the original post, chances are once plugged into the diagnostics they would be none the wiser from the results.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Sorry, typical of the English speaking world then!

My own garage is more than happy to plug my car in and tell me what is wrong as a free diagnostics check - though I wouldn't expect them to bring the equipment to my door! but the OP didn't expect that from a garage either.

Agreed! :)

Still doesn't stop me from wanting RoverCom Lite tho - at least I'll be able to reset the EAS myself then!

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

When I had my own garage I didn't charge regular customers - but I made my money doing their repairs. However if a total sranger arrived at the door wanting fault codes read I'd charge them for the privilege if the repair wasn't being done in my workshop.

Reply to
EMB

Yep, only about 12,000 miles away.

Or was anyway - I've sold the workshop and made the move to a cleaner, but more frustrating occupation, with occasional interludes running a garage in which I gave a silent shareholding.

Reply to
EMB