armoured landies

I work in wakefield within sight of the wakefield prison for very naughty boys. Its not unusual to see the big armoured transports coming in and out being escorted by 4-6 police cars for the high security inmates going to court and stuff - all very interesting....

but this morning i saw an armoured transport being escorted by 4 armoured landies in police livery. They were glued to each corner of the truck not letting anyone past or near it - msut have been a very naughty boy to warrant that sort of protection. but my question is this - they didn`t look like normal army armoured landies like they have in ireland, 2 of them were 90`s (honestly!) does anyone have any info on the armoured police landies - or picies - as they looked very interesting, especially the short wheel base versions.

cheers,

Nick C

Reply to
Nick C

Don't know about those ones, but these people

will armour adisco for you, ballistic spec, self sealing tank, bomb detector and thelike. Or a range Rover if you insist.....:-)

-- This world sucks.... which is good 'cos if it didn't we'd all fall off. ChunkyVulcan

Reply to
ChunkyVulcan