Battery no charging - Update

Following my previous post where the battery wasn't charging although the charge was extinguishing properly. I followed various bits of advice and first of all check the resistance between the engine block and the battery negative. This was fine and read zero on the multimeter. I then spent some time cleaning the alternator connections and now have maximum volts of 14.2 and minimum volts with everything on of 13.5. This is a lot better than before and is presumably now charging the battery. I am now wondering whether it would be worth fitting a more powerful alternator or an Adverc external regulator to give a much more robust charge. Thanks for all the previous advice.

Reply to
Peter