Battery problems

Knackered at only two years old? I'd expect a damn site longer than that from a modern battery.

It's not A/h (amps per hour), by the way, but Ah (ampere-hour or amps times hours) so an 80Ah battery needs 160hours to charge at 1/2A from fully flat.

Reply to
SteveG

Knackered batteries don't accept charge and seem to gas quickly as a result.

AJH

Reply to
andrew heggie

Quite a bit longer as charging a battery isn't an efficient process.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

electrolyte

Yeah, yeah, so I got my sums wrong again; Smart arses, you know what I meant :-))

Martin

Reply to
Oily

A factor of 1.4 to 1.6 is generally used.

Reply to
EMB

Well I set off from Trowbridge for Lowestoft yesterday with my trailer to collect the dog kennel and run. I got about 8 miles from home and when starting away from a set of traffic lights there was a loud crunch then no movement at all :-(

Turn out the splines have stripped on the main shaft (and I treated it to a 200Tdi engine two months ago, no gratitude :-)

So it's at West Wiltshire Landrovers awaiting a replacement box. Should be done by the back end of next week. I'll try again next weekend!

So, the battery for the Eberspacher heater exploded, the main shaft splines have stripped, working on the fact that bad things come in threes, what's going to be the third I wonder....?

Have a great 4x4 new year

Cheers

Peter Overcast Trowbridge

Reply to
puffernutter

Look at it this way - they'll soon be 2007's problems. You need a break for 2008!

Reply to
Dougal

Hi Dave, I was really commenting on the terminology and maths not the real world practicalities - though I agree with you entirely :-)

Reply to
SteveG

Of course we knew what you meant but on the basis of taking no prisoners ........

Reply to
SteveG

The dog will escape!

Reply to
JacobH

Wrong,

The electric seat controls have died in the coffin carrier (Volvo

960). I like to be reclined and a good distance back, my wife likes to be upright and close to the pedals. I used it last, then it broke. She's not happy!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Not on the ones I've recently looked at. Some one had attempted to get at the stoppers on the small bettery for the generator but failed, left lots lever marks in the plastic mind. The top of the new and old DII battery is devoid of any joins to get a lever in. The label is a tiddly thing in the middle of the top face.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice