Body parts.....

No, really. Owing to an unfortunate incident with a ivy-covered tree-stump close to an ivy-covered bank, I am now in need of a front spoiler and foglight for the Td5 Disco. Small crunch, major damage! Does anyone know of a source for a s/h item? Nothing on eBay. I've sent a request to Equicar but no reply yet. I'm not very hopeful there, because looking at the crashed Discos on their site, the front end always seems to catch it. Haven't dared to approach local main dealer for the price of a new one.

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ouch. Bloody bad luck - how'd you do it?

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

BTDT

Try Car Transplants at Crewe, they will have a site on t'internet and will do mail order I think too. Worth a shot.

Most professional breakers outfit within 100 miles of here.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Cheers Lee - I'll give 'em a go.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I bet Di was glad she wasn't driving!

I wouldn't give yourself too much of a hard time - sounds like something anyone of us could have done. I once came back beaming from Grumble passing the MOT and reversed straight into my Series 3 - which I forgotten I'd moved a couple of foot forward so Charlotte could get the Disco in (always check the mirrors for people, forgot to check where the S3 was...).

Mind, bashing the front of the S3 out was prolly less expensive than you're looking at, but hey, you will have these flash motors :-)

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Oh dear. I guess the Tom Tom didn't show that stump either then.........

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

|| Richard Brookman wrote: ||| No, really. Owing to an unfortunate incident with a ivy-covered ||| tree-stump close to an ivy-covered bank, I am now in need of a ||| front spoiler and foglight for the Td5 Disco. Small crunch, major ||| damage! Does anyone know of a source for a s/h item? Nothing on ||| eBay. I've sent a request to Equicar but no reply yet. I'm not ||| very hopeful there, because looking at the crashed Discos on their ||| site, the front end always seems to catch it. Haven't dared to ||| approach local main dealer for the price of a new one. ||| ||| Any ideas? ||| ||| TIA ||| -- ||| Rich ||| ============================== ||| ||| I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one. || || || Oh dear. I guess the Tom Tom didn't show that stump either || then......... || || Dave

Reynolds, that's just cheeky.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Mon, 1 May 2006 20:36:26 +0100, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Exactly. Keeps 'em in line a treat.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

She has a good sense of timing and will wait until the right moment, I'm sure :-)

Whilst of our 'country adventure' - procuring Simons battery and getting stoned in the model village, Di mentioned the lack of 'back seat drivers' - which given we literally had a car-full was surprising. We all felt she was driving fine, until then, of course - rag to a bull, we then started telling her to mind that car / house / helicopter :-)

IMO, she's actually a very good driver and was evaluating the power to weight ratio in anticipation of towing the caravan to France. Don't you just hate it when women do that...

(Coat on...)

Reply to
Mother

On Tue, 02 May 2006 20:33:39 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

you should see the criticism I get with driving burrt and the glass trailer. Then I point out she can't drive burrt because of his plated weight, or the size of the trailer.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Speaking of which how does Burrt tow? Does he sit right and how is the steering.... I'd guess lighter until it's time to park in a tight spot.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Three of my neighbours have said it to me over the last week.

Hadn't realised they follow our adventures on the website.

One of them recognised Burrt from the short stay outside Poggle Wood last year too, which I was somewhat impressed by, I have to say! :-)

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Diane Brookman

Mother"

Reply to
Diane Brookman

On Tue, 2 May 2006 21:27:25 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

the trailer is an exhibiton unit, so there is no weight added to the back axle. The layout is an axle at each end of the trailer, and a simple height adjustable A Frame connected to a turntable for the draw bar, similar to the trailers towed behind Class 2 trucks.

If father had come to the unnofficial I would have found out how he tows a normal caravn, but he didn't....

It weighs about 2.5 tonnes, so hills can be interesting, but generally drags it at 50ish, which is what I managed with the Disco.

Still got to sit down and work out my fuel figures for Gaydon, so will let you know!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Tue, 02 May 2006 21:57:03 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

well, its not every day you see 2 ambis together on the same street!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs