Condenser fans 96 Disco

Hi all, my news server lost my original post, but I had posted that it appeared that neither condenser fan was working which was contributing to my
96 Disco (US version) overheating. My initial observation was that both leads to the fronts of the fans (blue and black) get voltage whenever the A/C is turned on but neither fan spun. A response was whether I had applied voltage directly to the fans. As of about ten minutes ago, I did attempt to "hotwire" the fans and again, neither spun. Before I go for the replace-the-fans option, is there a second set of leads into these fans that may have a blown fuse or bad relay or are the blue and black leads coming into the front of the fans the only leads that power them? Sorry for any duplicity, C R
C R wrote:

Did you hot wire them absolutely at the fan motor terminals ?? Dunno about the Disco fans, but on a electric fanned motor of mine, there were fuses between the two fans under a small cover.

Duplication, surely ! Steve

As close as I could get to what appear to be the terminals (the blue and black wires were in a sleeve up to about one inch from what appear to be the terminals). This is at the front of the fans right under some cross braces in the bumper/radiator area.
C R wrote:

The condenser fans do not form part of the normal engine cooling package. They are, however, wired to supplement the cooling air flow but only at coolant temperatures above 100 deg C.
For the purpose of hotwiring the fans you should only need to concern yourself with the black (ground) and black/brown (supply) leads on the motors. If you did not also provide a substitute ground connection directly to the motor, repeat the test with such a connection.
If you confirm/provide a good e-mail address I'll mail the relevant section from the electrical troubleshooting manual
"Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message

For valid email, remove the written out numbers but leave the numeral.