Disco roof rack

Is there any differance between a disco 1 and 2 as far as clearance and size when purchacing a roof rack? The local rr dealer will only tell me that the factoryone will not fit both. A distributor in fla says it will. I would like to purchace one, but want to make sure before I drive to fla. Figured I would ask the experts. Thanks guys!

Reply to
ranewman

Well a Disco II is longer for starters!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

As far as I know, they are identical as far as clearance is concerned. The only difference is length, as Darren says. If it's a Genuine Parts one, there is room for a slight bit of adjustment in the width as well.

That's *as far as I know*, by the way!

Reply to
Rich B

Isn't it also wider too?

Reply to
SteveG

I'm pretty sure the gutter to gutter dimension is the same. There's a small amount of leeway in the mounting bars anyway if there is a slight discrepancy.

Reply to
Rich B

Check out the windscreen part number between Disco 1 and Disco 2, I know the Windscreen on the Disco 1 is the same fit as the Rangie all be it options of heated and fancy black edging appear.

If the windscreen is the same you can bet a pound to a pinch that all the other dimensions width wise will be the same.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

AFAIK the rear door is the same - it's the only external body part carried over from the D1 to the D2 ....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee