Cubby box over battery box

Sounds like a good idea but if it was fairly deep it might be in the way. It wouldn't make any difference to the batteries as the cover is sealed anyway and the cubby box could be just fastened to the lid and removed together with the lid to access the batteries.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Anyone ever done or have anythoughts about securing a cubby box over a center seat battery box? Trying to fit secure storage in the Lightweight and being 24v she has the battery bay between the seats. I don't need access to the batteries often so I am thinking with some fixing and fabrication it should be possible and have the whole contraption removable to get at the batteries but I am not sure about the possible effects. Could it suddenly make the batteries explode? Or is it just not recommended?

Ta

Reply to
ScoutTech

done or have anythoughts about securing a cubby box over a

Was thinking of removing the lid altogether and either bolting the box to a plate to be fixed over the batteries or making a frame to fit over/in the battery box. If that all became to much than resorting to fixing it to the original lid was the next plan, but yes it would make it rather tall!

ta

Reply to
ScoutTech