Disco 1 Alpine window blanking plate - do they exist

The roof has begun to rust on the outside under the rubber seal of the alpine window. From the previous posts, we all know that these windows are more trouble than the light they give.

You will notice that the 2 does not have the rubber and the glass is glued on like the wind screen. The L3 has gone a step further and the alpine window has gone.

I was thinking, why not get rid of them and have a steel plate welded on.

Has anyone done this?

Does anyone make the plates?

Andy

Disco 1 1997