disco II battery

Hallo, my disco has after nearly 3 Years a battery brake down. the green sign is "green" the voltage was 12.3 , but the engine only do some turns without starting. After charging of nearla two ours, the motor starts. The elect. generator gives 14.7 V but after a some minutes with running all elektric equipment, the voltage goes down of 12.5 V for some sec. than again 14.5 V.

Who has an explain.

Sorry my bad English.

Siegfried, Germany

Reply to
Siegfried Eikemeier

In , Siegfried Eikemeier said

Your English is good. Your Alternator is probably bad!

Ihr Englisch ist gut. Ihr Wechselstromerzeuger ist vermutlich schlecht!

Reply to
Tanuki

Guten Abend Siegfried. English gut! Ist sie petrol oder Rudolph? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Hallo Tony,

its a Td5 and a Delphi 110 Ah battery. The Batteri is defect. I have chequed it and now an new 110 Bosch.

Thanks, Siegfried

"TonyB" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dtt62p$jfh$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Reply to
Siegfried Eikemeier

This is a good translation slip - "chequed" is more appropriate than "checked", since almost all checks then involve a cheque to remedy. It should soon be in common usage. Instead of saying "I checked my a/c and had to buy a new compressor" you could just say "I chequed my a/c compressor"..

Reply to
Danny