Disco II recommendations Pt 2

Disco II Td5. A small power boost would be nice!

I've seen several chips advertised in the press. Has anyone had any real-world experience of any of them (or done vast amounts of research into torque curves etc) and would care to share it? I've heard that the standard intercooler is adequate for modest power increases, which is all I am after, and I don't really want to go the expense of a new intercooler. I'm mainly interested in a useful increase in torque for easier towing.

TIA

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Sat, 6 May 2006 18:15:48 +0100, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

you could always go and vist jeremy again!!!!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

||| Disco II Td5. A small power boost would be nice!

|| you could always go and vist jeremy again!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I fitted a Dastek chip to my TD5 and was very impressed with it. It was very well made and gave a good (if not earth shattering) power increase particularly in the middle band. I wouldn't hesitate to get one again. Got it from Mark at

nice helpful guy to deal with.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

|| I fitted a Dastek chip to my TD5 and was very impressed with it. It || was very well made and gave a good (if not earth shattering) power || increase particularly in the middle band. I wouldn't hesitate to get || one again. Got it from Mark at ||

|| Very nice helpful guy to deal with.|| || || Andy

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In message , Richard Brookman writes

Where are you located? If you are near Kent give me a call.

Reply to
Marc Draper

|| In message , Richard Brookman || writes ||| Disco II Td5. A small power boost would be nice! ||| ||| I've seen several chips advertised in the press. Has anyone had any ||| real-world experience of any of them (or done vast amounts of ||| research into torque curves etc) and would care to share it? I've ||| heard that the standard intercooler is adequate for modest power ||| increases, which is all I am after, and I don't really want to go ||| the expense of a new intercooler. I'm mainly interested in a ||| useful increase in torque for easier towing. ||| ||| TIA ||| || || || Where are you located? If you are near Kent give me a call. || || || -- || Marc Draper ||

Pembrokeshire - about as far away as we could be. Thanks all the same. What you got, anyway?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Kent Agent for Yorkshire based tuning company.

Reply to
Marc Draper

|| Disco II Td5. A small power boost would be nice!

A bit of research gives the following:

Standard Disco Td5: 136bhp, 221lb/ft, £0 Dastek Power Plug: quoted +35bhp, +56 lb/ft, £425 + VAT Tunit: +24bhp, quoted +27lb/ft, £479 + VAT PSI Power Box: quoted +21bhp, +50lb/ft, £388 + VAT

From this, the Dastek gets the bangs-for-your-buck prize, and Andy seems happy with his. Has anyone had any experience of the others for comparison? I am well aware that all the bhp and torque figures quoted could well be the product of the manufacturer's fantasies. Real world experience is much more interesting.

Reply to
Richard Brookman