Place your bets..............

Monday morning is D Day, it's in the garage & the mechanic is gonna have a proper take apart look. We have some contenders for the water leak.

Go on, place your bets.

a. Timing chain/water pump gasket - nice & cheap to fix.

b. Core plug behind the alternator mounting brackets - reasonably easy & cheap to fix.

c. Leaking water pump bearing - more expensive due to new pump required.

d. Inlet manifold gasket could be leaking water (water cooled??) - Bit harder with a lot of fiddling getting dearer.

e. A leaking cylinder head gasket requiring removal of the head, skimming & refitting. Also, as your in there, you may as well get the other head done too. I'm guessing at the thick end of £500 to do the job right?

I know where my money is going? Yours?

Not to mention the leaking front crankshaft oilseal ffs.

Come on, place your bets...............

Nige

Reply to
Nige

with a lot of fiddling

Been there, done that:-(

gaz

Reply to
Gazza

Does youre newer RR use a fancy expensive water pump then? I did the one on my 101 recently and it was only £40 or similar from Richard.

Reply to
Tom Woods

All of the above plus a new tyre as well!

Reply to
Rory

Some f***er looks at you the wrong way en route to the testing station and you blow a gasket?

Reply to
wayne