Discovery 3 Commercial

Hi All

Do Landrover Make A Factory Disco 3 Commercial ?

Regards

Jb

Reply to
Office

Not yet, but Special Vehicles are working on one. Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

In message , Office writes

Nene overland are offering a conversion kit.

Reply to
Marc Draper

That would explain the one I saw the other day near Leek..........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

buy a transit van instead! They look the same anyhow! :p (maybe one day the disco 3 will grow on me, but it hasnt yet!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Drive one.

Reply to
Mother

I did, about a day after they hit the dealers. Not that impressed - I find them rather vague which isn't good given the sheer damn size of them, also the legroom (width, not depth) in the drivers seat is garbage compared to any of the earlier Discos - I personally find them somewhat painful to drive - I could if I needed to, but I find my old

200 and the TD5 before that more comfortable.

There are enough "eurgh" points to make me wary of the D3 - I hate fly by wire handbrakes, having had to use the manual handbrake in the TD5 to save my life when the electronics went mad.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Well, there'll be a queue of people ready to tell you what I originally said about the D3 - however, I'd have to put my hands up and say I was mishtaken...

I had a different experience to you - and actually found it scaringly responsive at times, I like the 'ride' and found cornering to be far, far better than the 200tdi or 3.9V8 we got off Tim. I was not too keen on the 'feel' of the 'position' - if that makes sense, but do reckon it handled, overall, better than any Landie I've tried so far.

Irrelevant anyway as Charlotte doesn't like it, so we're buying a narrowboat instead...

Reply to
Mother

on it handled, overall, better than any Landie I've tried so far.

Yay on finding something with a worse turning circle than a 130!

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

If its going around Bosley very likely doing the brake testing thing.There are a lot of odd cars wearing bra's doing the circuits up there. Also past what used to be a very good brake company at Chapel en le Frith(nudge nudge) I have yet to be quick enough with the camera to get a good piccy Derek

Reply to
Derek

Funny you should say that how big 40 ft enough or do you fancy the full monty? Derek

Reply to
Derek

70 is too big, 40 too small. I'm after a decent 60ish recently built, or a sailaway, failing that I'm having a 62 'tug' built for the end of next year (eariest I reckon they can complete if I order Feb 06). Also want a traditional Lister or like engine. Prefer a trad stern, but may accept a half decent semi-trad design on an already built.
Reply to
Mother

Erm a narrow boat can be turned in it's own length... But yay a great purchase. Love narrow boats.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Mother writes

Almost exactly what I'm hoping to have in a few years time. We've got a

1/12th share in a 58' semi-Trad at the moment and are looking to buy something around 40' in the next 6 months to give us more cruising time while we look for our ideal boat, if we don't find it in 3 years then we'll have one built - ideally 58' tug with a Kelvin engine (if I can find a good one - hens teeth and all that).

Will '98 110 Defender CSW

1/12 NB Sometimes
Reply to
Will Wilkinson

If you want I'll check with Chris he is in the middle of a build when he gets done his current boat will be up for sale well fitted out IIRC shower and flush head BMC diesel , sorry I haven't got a piccy of it at the moment- its the sister boat to my mothers and moored next to hers at Marple Derek

Reply to
Derek

Not too sure a 130 inch narrowboat would be much use, though...

I'll get mi butty... :-)

Reply to
Mother

There are numerous benefits to having one built - not least in that you have the opportunity (as I'm sorely tempted to opt for) to find and rebuild an original engine. I do like the Lister, but could be open to other suggestions depending upon what comes up. Knowing that I'll spend a silly amount of money having it rebuilt makes it more flexible to find the 'right' engine.

I also want an internal engine room - which makes a readybuilt 60 tug seem less likely (thought about buying a 40 and having it extended, though).

Reply to
Mother

Anyone have plans to build a complete replica ???

Steve

Reply to
Steve

As soon as i find someone willing to let me drive one i will.

I've never been to a new car dealer to try a car before - I dont think i look like someone with the means to buy a new disco.

Bit too new for my liking anyhow! give it 20 years and i'll consider one! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

The amount of work to strip out a narrowboat that has been severely abused is not really worth what little may be saved. Plus you're getting an old tub designed for idiots to crash into bridges, rather than something at least built with some integrity to a traditional design.

Reply to
Mother